SEA-Teacher Project #11: Teaching Practice in Mathayom 1 Mengraimaharaj Witthayakom School.

Teaching Practice


Me: teaching.

Actually, i already get used to teach these student at the teaching Assistant before the Final Teaching Weeks, but not taking the class from the begining 'till the end of it. I plan to teach in Mathayom 1 (From 1/1 to 1/6), about the Properties of Linear Equation. I will tell you the Teaching Procedure of Mine: First, i make sure that all the student is ready to accept the subject that i will teach, i let them prepare and ask them whether they are ready to learn or not, this prepration takes 1-2 minues because they are all polit and so easy to tell.
After that i start to explain the concept of the Properties of Linear Equation (you can take a look at the previous blog about the teaching plan if you want to know about the properties as well), this is the main activity of my teaching and takes around 20 minutes for the concept explanation. After explaining the concept i will give a random easy example related to the concept to make sure that the student got my point of explanation, after that then i gave them the worksheet, this is last until the end of the learning period. I use 3 worksheet during my teaching practice here in Mengrai: worksheet 6,7, and 8. I always tried to ask the student if they didnt understand they can ask me, also i keep on giving them the scaffolding so that they can find the concept all by themselves.

Me: Teaching (2)
I love how funny they pay attention when i teach-and how much we tried to get understanding each other because we have a different language. The only problem that i got is about these language. To make it easier for them to understand, i learn the basic thai word for math. Such as: Plus (บวก), Minus (ลบ), Multiply (คูณ), Divide (หาร), and the basic number. So, i mix english and thailand (the oftenly laugh at me when i said it wrong-but we are all learn). Beside that, i think i don't have any problem of teaching them because they alway look excited everytime i will teach (maybe because we're so different) I love the quotes saying that when you are a teacher, you are also a student, there must be something that you can learn from them. I keep on giving the example of the Linear Equation properties, and thats soooo fun to have them as student. 

Me: Teaching (3)
After the class, Teacher Naa tell me what to improve on how i teach. She said that i have a talent to be a teacher because i can keep my students attention longer on me, but also i need to slowdown, and don't forget to make sure whether all of mt students alredy understand or not understand at all. Thankyou sooooooo much for you kindness, Kru Naa. 

Me with Kru Naa (My Mentor)
It's her 52 Birthday:))
It's kinda sad realizing that i am going to leave Mengraimaharaj WItthayakom School in less than a week, all of the student and the teacher here are treating us very well. Especially the Mathematics teacher, they always ask me what am i need or is there anything that i want to ask, thankyou so much Kru, i will miss you guys:(

Mathematics Teacher:)


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEA-Teacher Project #1: I (will) Teach in Thailand!

SEA-Teacher Project: #13. Interesting Place in Chiang Rai Part 3